Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Monday, September 27, 2021

Making Rainbow Soap!!!



I have been wanting to make Rainbow Soap for a long time. I just love rainbow's with 6 colors or 7 colors, it doesn't matter. After the past year that we all have had, we can use some rainbows in our lives. 
I have stalked Youtube videos, soap groups just to figure out how I was going to do this. I wanted straight bands and was worried about each color blending. The secret was to mix each color separately of course but it was all in the trace. Blending it to a very thick trace was the trick. What is a trace you must be asking yourself? It is bringing just blended soap to a thick consistently,  I marked each mold a half and inch times 6. I would have loved to do the actual 7 colors of a true rainbow but it was hard to divide 3 inches by 7 and easier to do it by 6. The soap was beyond what it should be as far as thickness without seizing to a solid blob. I gave this so much thought before attempting it. I ran it through my head over and over again, and then went for it starting with purple and working my up through the rainbow.
Even the clean up after the process was a cheery rainbow over colors. 
Coming up with a scent was given a lot of thought until I saw a soap company that had a scent called "Rainbow". I ordered it and was amazed that someone actually made a scent that was cheery and fun. The soap set really quickly and I was worried, however each color pour didn't seem to blend and I knew I was close as far as success goes. Every process is a learning curve and then once in a while you just nail it and I did!

The 24 hours waiting for it to saponify was hard. I was full of anticipation and couldn't wait. Luckily I had to go to work for a few hours but when I came home I went right to it! I was so pleased when I took it out of the molds and then when I made the first cut, my results were perfect!
 
Just like little rainbow soldiers in a row! Now to put them away for a couple of weeks to cure and be ready to go! We have 24 different scents of soap and will be available at different shows that we will be at listed on our side bar!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment