Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Greenhouse Miracles


Finally some sun! We have had days of rain and clouds here in Connecticut and today we have sun and no clouds! It's enough to keep you in the dumps and not to forget the sinus pressure from these horrible wet, rainy days. The sun is shining on the greenhouse so I went up to take a peek...

Inside I have planted everything from 7 kinds of basil to impatiens for the flower gardens to pumpkins, tomatoes, peppers, you name it! The counters are lined with growing trays but we have had no sun so I wasn't even sure if anything has grown.
The Bay plants and Rosemary that I over wintered in the house are doing well. They are thriving and loving it out there, despite all the rain and clouds...
and then when I lifted the top off of one of the mini greenhouses, there they were, the little sproutlings of basil emerging from the peat pot! I was so excited, success! Houston we have a working greenhouse after all!


1 comment:

  1. I love that greenhouse. I want to just hang in it. Don't be surprised if you find me inside on one of these fine spring days.

    ReplyDelete