Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Saturday, April 2, 2011

First planting in the Greenhouse!

Well today I decided to take a break from laundry, lambing, bill paying, order fulfilling and go up to the greenhouse and get started. In the picture to the left are some seed starter trays I got at a local store.
 I laid out all my seeds that I have been picking up here and there, trying to stay as organic as possible. I even saved some seed from last year and dried them and am giving them a shot. I divided the vegetable, herb and flower seed packets and put them into groupings.
I marked popsicle sticks with what was planted as well as dated them so I knew exactly when I planted them. Here in the picture to the left I did herbs, lemon, cinnamon, sweet, and purple basils. Also sage and oregano as well.
I watered it really well and put the top that was provided to make a nice humid atomosphere to get them started. This year I am even going to grow my own flowers. At night time there is a heating lamp for the chickens to keep the greenhouse warm. I can't wait to see what pops up first!

No comments:

Post a Comment