We have started to break ground on the new fencing project that we just have not had time to get to. The summer was so busy and now with fall upon us we are getting a little more time to get to projects. So yesterday Tim and I set out to get the area measured and work with what we had, a whole roll of 100x5 foot horse fence as well as 130 feet of what we already have. Our son, Timmy and his girlfriend, Jackie showed up to help us. It was Jackie and my turn to go in and get dinner going and give her a knitting lesson.
The first phase of the project is complete installing the new fencing. This new fencing will open up to twice as much room as they have now. I was watching the Alpacas play last week and it made me sad because they would start to run and chase each other and then had to stop because the fence was in their way. We are utilizing the other acre of property we have and we are only using half of it at the moment.
So next weekend we will move the current fencing up and over on the hill and I can't wait to see their faces when they explore their new space!