Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Herbal Harvest and more...

Today, Tim and I set out to get a lot done around here, but it never goes as we plan. We started out with a phone call from a frantic woman who has a rooster and her neighbor is giving her a lot of trouble over it, I didn't know what I could do for her, but I listened and gave her some advice, so I hoped that helped her...
We then had breakfast and made a plan to work together to get stuff accomplished, you know teamwork but the hawks had other ideas. First I had a pair of Cooper Hawks come in to take a look at my chickens, then a pair of Red Shoulder hawks, come on guys! So I decided one of the things on my list was to get the rest of the harvest out of the gardens. I harvested many of my basil's that I grew in the greenhouse, Sweet, Cinnamon, Lemon, Lime Basil as well as this wonderful Pineapple Sage that "Zoe" our Yorkie is smelling in the picture. We were also blessed with an abundant crop of Jalapeno Peppers as well!
The best part of our day was when some old friends stopped by and we had fun talking of the old times. We laughed and remembered some funny stuff...now that's an abundant harvest, old friends and old times... 

No comments:

Post a Comment