Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Lucet

 You are probably asking yourself, what is she talking about now! The picture to the left is called a Lucet, a weaving tool that goes back to the Viking times! Colonial soldiers would carry them and make cords for their uniforms in down times in the battlefields. So of course, with my love for history, I had to have one and I got one for Yule!
 It is actually very easy to use. You thread your yarn through the hole in the Lucet which I learned about in the Colonial home where I work...
 You begin the first loop by bringing it around to the left side and then back to the right side setting up the first loop that you will bring the yarn over...
 On the right side you bring the loop over and turn the Lucet to the left...
 Here you can see it better, the bottom loop comes over the top...
and here is the finished product! I used some handspun Alpaca for my first try at it. You can go really fast once you get the hang of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment