Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Poor Baby Baaa goes to the Vet

A couple of days ago our first lamb born, our little bottle baby seemed sore all over. I assumed he got stomped on by my ewes and wanted to give him time. However, he began holding his right rear leg up, toe touching and I thought the worse. So off to the Vet we went, a small Country Vet at the advice of a friend(thank you Dave!), as my mom held him on the front seat of my Jeep. The Vet examined him and took some x-rays and of course in my head he had a million things wrong with him! Even with my worse case scenarios it ended up being a possible torn ligament or soft tissue injury, 4 x-rays concluded that we had no fractures or pelvis injuries! 
So we took "Baby Baaaaaa" as the Vet so named him home with a little pain relief and much relief for me who had visions of a cast and whatever!
As you can see him in the picture resting after his ordeal at the Vet. So much thanks to my mom, the staff at Dr Elwell's and all the folks who came in and had to pet and wish him well. This little guy has been through so much and now he is going to get much rest so he can romp and play with the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment