Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

...and it's a girl!

Today we welcomed a little ewe lamb born to Lily, her first lamb. She arrived at 12:30 this afternoon healthy and perfect! I knew she was in labor and went up to the house to watch and listen. Here she is moments after birth...
 
"Belle" was very vocal and went out of view of the camera so I listened to the goings on and could not help to hear that "Belle" was very vocal and heard the lamb cry out. When I went down to the barn I found "Lily" (on the left) and "Belle" (on the right) cleaning the lamb off together. "Belle" was so proud of her new granddaughter and was quite maternal in getting her cleaned off. I put "Lily" in the stall by herself to bound with her new baby, but "Belle" kept a vigil watch and kept crying out to her... 
it was quite a tribute to this closely knit flock and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment