Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, March 15, 2013

Core Spun Art Yarn fun!



I have been having so much fun with my new wheel. If you missed the post, Tim bought me a new Ashford Country Spinner II for the holidays. My friend Pam Blasco (available on my side bar if you want to order one!), who is a dealer got me a second spool for it and I ran over on Tuesday, picked it up and went right to work on this Art Yarn I had envisioned. It actually took 5 trips on the wheel. It was spun three times and back spun two times. The last three trips was plying on the rainbow metallic thread. The colored locks are a combo of kid mohair, wensleydale, corriedale and whatever else I had dyed. I just used so much color! The white is some "babydoll" wool which wrapped very nicely around the core which was a yarn I had made a long time ago that I was not proud of! Well it's back to the wheel for some more spinning fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment